11.05.2009

A Week to End All Weeks...

An epic week (and I thought bad things only came in 3s):

Monday: One angry parent, Formal evaluation by principal, grades due, work 13 hours
Tuesday: Different VERY angry parent. Realize that somehow my graduate program signed me up for the WRONG CLASS, which I have been participating in for 2 weeks. They drop me from the class and place me in a new class. I now have 1 week to do 2 1/2 weeks worth of work.
Wednesday: Cry in front of a coworker for 25 minutes. Angry parent #2 continues rampage. Mysterious sharp stomach pains elusive to even "the pink stuff" keep me up all night alternating hot flashes and shivers.
Thursday: Cry again in front of a coworker. A hot water pipe bursts in the ceiling of my classroom, flooding my room with somewhere around 3 inches of standing water. The fire department is called. My computer and the laptop cart which houses 30 laptops are ruined in the flood along with countless other mementos, posters, papers, and other important information. Marcus goes to buy something with our truck, truck gets flat tire. Go to fix tire at 9 o'clock at night only to find the spare is also flat and the jack doesn't work with the truck. Stomach pains continue.
Friday: Well it is only Thursday night, but already know I will have to teach the entire day in a vacant classroom and spend every extra minute I have cleaning up my classroom. I can't wait to see what Friday has in store for me! :) Oh and did I mention I have a broken foot and am in a boot?

No comments: